Wood Wick Candles are unlike other candles, they feature a wide, short wick, which is made from organic wood. When the wick is lit, the candle emanates a crackling sound, reminiscent of wood in a fireplace.
Below are some helpful tips to ensure you get the most out of every beautiful scented soy wax candle you receive from Luminary Candles:
- The first burn is extremely important! This first burn will ensure that the wick will rekindle next time you relight your candle so please make sure that you have enough time. You need to let your candle melt all the way to the edges of the jar, it is recommended to set aside 1-2 hours.
- You may see that after each burn your wood wick could get soot build-up, this will need to be removed before relighting. (Only remove soot if your candle is cold) You can do this by getting a piece of paper towel, tissue or toilet paper and gently running your fingers across the top of the wick. Try to prevent dropping any pieces into the candle.
- Keep your wood wick trimmed to 1/4 or 1/8 of an inch. This will not only guarantee a longer burn time but prevent high flames that are dangerous.
- Do not burn candles for more than four hours at a time.
- Always burn your candle within sight, never leave in unattended.
- Keep your candle free from any foreign materials or anything that could catch on fire, including but not limited to matches and wick trimmings.
- Keep out of reach from children and pets.
- Only burn your candle on a level, fire resistant surface and away from any wind or drafts.
- Stop use when only 1/4 of an inch of wax remains, to avoid the jar cracking due to overheating.
- Keep your candle away from hot surfaces or direct sunlight. Every candle is made out of pure soy wax, which will melt when exposed to high temperatures.
Important: Pure Soy Wax gets what is known as blooming, white marks or crystallisation as it ages. This is something that is unstoppable and looks similar to the bloom of uneven tempered chocolate. This is more likely to be present in Luminary Candles, as there are no additives or nasty chemicals.
Luminary Candles is not familiar with the buyers skin type, condition, skin history or sensitivity and does not make personal recommendations of any kind to any buyer. Luminary Candles is not liable for negative or damaging results that may be obtained by proper or improper use of their products on any person. Applying this products without proper medical consultation constitutes using it at your own risk.
Luminary Candles will not be held liable for any misuse of their products. Failure to follow warning labels or instructions resulting in, but not limited to physical harm or property damage will be due to the buyers negligence. Always follow instructions and never leave your candle unattended.
Use at your own risk